Are you finding it difficult to do the simple things you used to love doing because of pain or discomfort in your hips? Do your hips pop and crack when you stand up? Ever caught yourself wincing when you try to bend over? If you’re nodding your head at any of these, chances are you have a good ol’ case of hip pain on your hands!
Hip pain can be remedied through physical therapy at Infinity Physical Therapy. You don’t have to live this way. To learn about how a physical therapist can help alleviate your hip pain, call our office today!
Why am I having hip pain?
There are a variety of reasons you might be experiencing hip pain. Whether you received an injury or have a chronic condition that affects your hips, there’s no doubt about it: hip pain can limit your ability to live your life comfortably.
Some of the most common hip conditions are:
- Arthritis – Also known as “osteoarthritis,” this is a condition where tissues around the joints become inflamed and irritated. Arthritis causes pain in a number of places all over your body, including your hands, knees, and your hips.
- Bursitis – Bursitis occurs when a small sac of fluid known as the “bursa” becomes painfully inflamed. This is brought on by overuse or repetitive injuries.
- Fractures – As we get older, our bones can become brittle. When bones are weak, they’re at a higher risk of breaking during a fall. Fractures can be diagnosed and treated with physical therapy at (practice name.)
- Muscle/tendon strain – Similar to bursitis, repetitive activities can cause problems in the hips. Strains on tendons, ligaments, and muscles that support the hips results in pain and inflammation, and can hinder your walking ability.
Physical therapy can heal hip pain
Although your pain might feel overwhelming and out of your control, this is not the case. There are safe and healthy ways to combat hip pain, through physical therapy at Infinity Physical Therapy.
No matter what condition you’re suffering from, a physical therapist can help relieve your hip pain. Physical therapists are movement specialists who can assess your condition, medical history, and pain levels to create a specialized program that meets your needs and fitness goals.
These are some of the common treatment methods a physical therapist might use to reduce and relieve hip pain:
- Laser therapy – Laser therapy has become much more popular in physical therapy for pain management. It can help improve the growth and reproduction of cells, increase circulation, and also reduce inflammation.
- Manual therapy – Hands-on techniques are used often in physical therapy to reduce pain in your hips. This could include stretching exercises or a variety of massage techniques.
- Ice & Heat – A physical therapist may use ice packs to reduce swelling and inflammation. Heat is also commonly used during physical therapy to help increase mobility and reduce pain.
- Ultrasound therapy – Ultrasound therapy can be used in physical therapy to provide soothing heat to deep tissues. A licensed physical therapist can also utilize ultrasound technology to easily identify specific areas of pain.
A physical therapist can teach you correct posture and proper movement techniques to protect your joints and prevent your hip pain from taking over your normal day-to-day activities. If you’ve grown tired of living life around your hip pain, make today the last day you do it, and visit our physical therapist.
Contact Infinity Physical Therapy to find hip pain relief!
Are you living with hip pain? Is it keeping you from doing the things you love? You deserve to get back to the activities you love without feeling as if your hips are limiting you!
Find out today how physical therapy can reduce or even eliminate hip pain; give us a call to make an appointment and get on the road to recovery.